the Breathing Space
Tēnā koutou katoa
The Yoga Education In Prisons Trust
The Yoga Education in Prisons Trust is a registered charitable trust providing yoga and meditation education for prisoners in New Zealand.
The restrictive prison environment presents many challenges for people in prison. It’s our experience that these challenges can be adjusted into space to reflect, contemplate and internally process their attitudes and trauma with the support of yoga and meditation techniques.
Ultimately, with time, and expert tuition, prisoners can embark on a journey of personal growth and well being that would otherwise not have been realised.
The Tulsi Trust
The Tulsi Trust is a registered charity in the UK working with Bengali resettled refugees and the indigenous Adivaashi aboriginals of the interior area of Madhya Pradesh, India.
Waiheke Yoga teacher Neal Ghoshal has worked with the Tulsi Trust in the past and has seen first hand the amazing work that they do in India.
Their work is completely dependent on the kind donations of our supporters and on the ceaseless work of many volunteers. Regular donations enable the Trust to budget and project the future utilisation of resources.
The Trust urgently need funds for:
- Mobile Medical Unit
- Hospital equipment
- Ongoing maintenance of hospital and school facilities
- Ongoing funds to be able to refer patients to distant hospitals for major operations and medical investigations, which we pay for as the villagers have no money
- Medicines and dressings which we provide free of charge
- Establish primary health care in each village, and adult self-help care groups in outlying villages.
- Better accommodation facilities for staff and volunteers.